Tuesday 28 February 2012

Taggy Book

First post of creativity!

Here is my first attempt at actually making something!



For this book I used ranger card to create the cover.  I distressed using mulled lavender and water and then built up the layers with dusty concord and chipped sapphire.  The music stamp is a papermania urban stamp realeased in their post Christmas campaign.
Using some Tim Holtz stamps I have stamped the birds with chipped sapphire and then used perfect pearls to accentuate the image.  A couple of phrase stamps from the Tim Holtz range in archival black ink stands out in comparison to the purple background.

For the bird I have distressed a piece of ranger card using the same inks as the colour.  I have stamped the music stamp in chipped sapphire and then the bird on the branch in black soot.  Using a nestabilities die I have cut this and then a piece of core'dinations in dusty concord slightly bigger.  A little bit of sanding and distressing and then it was ready to stick on.

To give the perfect finish to the book I have covered the spine with canvas which has been distressed and then covered the ink splodges inside with core'dinations. 

Cheap value envelopes have been distressed using brushed corduroy and then stuck in an accordian effect using extra strong double sided tape (I did use normal tape but it just was no good!).

So there we have my first creativity post on my new blog! I hope you like my creation!

It would be great to get to know more crafters on here so if you want to get in touch then please....!

I will be back with some more creations soon!

Happy inking!

Beth xx


No comments:

Post a Comment