Wednesday 29 February 2012

Journal book!

I have rolled into work with ink stained hands this morning!  They are very colourful!!

Well I turned my hand to making a book as my latest project......


I ahve used scattered straw, brushed corduroy and walnut stain to distress the book cover.  The cover is just made from Ranger manilla cardstock.  Down the bottom I have used Tim Holtz lettering stamps in walnut stain.  The Arc de Triumph is a paper artsy stamp which has been stamped with watercolouring effect in rust hinge.  The french themed are also paperartsy.



The edges have been finished with Tim Holtz stamps in black archival ink and walnut stain.  I have sued perfect pearls on some of the stamping to give it some glam!

Idea-ology pins, spinners, corners and book labels to finish it off and also some shrink plastic.

I even handstitched the paper into the book! Get me working with the needle too!!

I am really chuffed with this book and am dying to get onto the next thing (which has been started but my parcel didn't arrive yesterday which meant that I couldn't finish it! :( )



Anyway, hopefully be back on tomorrow with some more if I get into my crafty room!

Happy inking!

Beth xx


1 comment: